King Cobra is worked over cobra stitch which has already been
To figure length of gimp required, begin with measurements needed for
preliminary cobra stitch, then add another measurement 8 times the
finished length of preliminary cobra and cut 2 strands each total length
Preliminary Cobra Core Strands:
- 2 pieces of gimp each 6 inches longer than desired length of finished item.
Preliminary Cobra Working Strands:
- 2 pieces of gimp each 6 times longer than desired length of finished item.
King Cobra Working Strands:
- 2 pieces of gimp each 8 times long then desired length of finished item.
1. If you are making a 6 inch long key fob you need 2 laces each 12 inches +36 inches+48 inches=96 inches total length for each strand of gimp, then add a little to work with at the end. Cut 2 strands each 100 inches long.
2. Follow instructions given for cobra stitch until length desired is worked. Turn cobra stitch upside down and work same cobra stitch over that already made. If using 2 colors, match color of working strands to preliminary cobra. The preliminary core strands may be clipped after king cobra is worked.
3. To finish ends, either tie a knot with beginning knot; or leave last stitch a little loose, thread ends through last stitch and pull taut.
More Stitches and Accessories